Crispy Fried Chicken Recipe
Preparation Time – 15 min
Cooking Time30 min
- 2 quarts buttermilk, divided
- 2 Tbsp. paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 bay leaves, crumbled
- 4 lbs. bone-in chicken parts with skin
- 1/4 cup Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Vegetable oil for frying
– Combine 7 cups buttermilk, paprika, garlic and bay leaves in large bowl. Add chicken; cover and refrigerate 1 to 3 hours. Drain chicken.
– Combine Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon with flour in shallow bowl. Whisk egg, baking powder and baking soda in another shallow bowl; whisk in remaining 1 cup buttermilk.
– Heat 2-inches oil in large wide pot to 325°.
– Meanwhile, dip chicken in flour mixture, then buttermilk mixture then in flour mixture again. Shake off excess flour. Place on wire rack until oil is ready.
– Fry chicken, in batches, covered, turning occasionally, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels.